What is the last scientific discovery that changed the way you look at something?

Compiled by Christina Asadourian and Danny Green.

Kenneth Magaishi, Third-year, College 9, Business Management Economics: “Probably the last discovery that changed my perspective was long distance travel in the galaxy might be possible with technology. They are finding out they might be able to bend the space time continuum. It made me think of distances differently. The distances in the galaxy seem so infinite but now with this new technology a light year now may be considered not that far.”
Sarah Dooley, Fourth-year, Merrill, Film and digital media:
Sarah Dooley, Fourth-year, Merrill, Film and digital media: "It’s not a discovery but more of a realization that we’re built of tiny things. I had a conversation with a friend about atoms are and she had trouble imagining what those are. It’s just the realization that these things are real."
Anita Kutty, Second-year, Stevenson, Neuroscience: “In biology class, we learned that fetuses of different organisms, including that of humans, look exactly alike. Humans have gills too just like lizard embryos. This made me realize that we all are one in the same thing - we just look different.”
Jess Buckner, Third-year, Kresge, Cognitive Science: “The monkey see - monkey do experiment where the monkey is just imagining grabbing a piece of food and the same circuitry in the brain that would fire if he was grabbing it, fires off. Just the imagination and visualization of grabbing it and imagining it is the same which is really fascinating to me.”