With the numerous cutbacks being made across campus, we know that many students, faculty and staff- campus wide have their own story to tell about how the budget crisis has affected them. Now, you can share your story with the world on cityonahillpress.com. Here’s how…
For this project, we’re featuring user-submitted videos showcasing the diverse viewpoints around the current budget crisis. To have your video posted, and possibly featured, on cityonahillpress.com, here’s what to do:
- Film your story following the guidelines on this page. Remember, your video needs to start with “My name is (your name), and this is how the budget crisis has changed me” or “We’re (group name), and this is how the budget crisis has changed us.”
- Upload your video to YouTube.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a link to the video, your name, class level, college, and major, so we can credit you accordingly. If your video features multiple people, be sure to submit information for every person in your group.
Though this project showcases user-submitted videos, we also are accepting submissions in other mediums, including Letters to the Editor, Creative Writing, Art, Digital Media, and much more (surprise us!).
For consideration to featured on cityonahillpress.com, please email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, class level, college, and major, so we can credit you accordingly.
In order to ensure all submissions are appropriate for our audience, we’ve had to lay out a few ground rules. For your video to be featured on cityonahillpress.com, it must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The video must start with “My name is (your name), and this is how the budget crisis has changed me.” If you’re submitting a group video, start with “We’re (your name), and this is how the budget crisis has changed us.”
- You must upload your video to YouTube. We recommend adding the tag “AChangingUC” to your video to make it easier to find. For info on uploading to YouTube, including restrictions and optimal upload settings, we recommend checking their Help Center.
- Please don’t include any copyrighted content you don’t own the rights to distribute in your video.
- Because of the nature of video submissions, we can’t guarantee any sort of anonymity in user submissions posted to our site. If you wish to preserve your anonymity, please consider sending us a Letter to the Editor.
- When you submit a video to us to post on our site, you’re giving us permission to post your submission, your name, your class level, your college, and (if applicable) your group name on our site.
Finally, please note that City on a Hill Press reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time, and to approve, reject, or pull user submissions on our site at our discretion.