Subscribe Now

Trending News

29 May 2020
City

Downtown Streets Team Comes to Santa Cruz 

Santa Cruz County tallied 2,249 houseless individuals in the 2017 Point-in-Time Census. Only 20 percent of these individuals reported being in a shelter when the survey was conducted — meaning the remaining 80 percent were unsheltered, some living in vehicles, makeshift shelters or on the…

City

Looking Back at Food Not Bombs 

Food Not Bombs, a grassroots activist group founded 37 years ago and working toward feeding the houseless and managing food waste, began when Keith McHenry was a Boston University student working at an organic grocery store. “I felt bad I was throwing away all this…